Are you facing an inheritance war following the loss of your loved one?
We have all heard the horror stories of epic legal battles that follow the death of a family member. No-one really wins. Legal costs decimate hard-earned inheritances, and family relationships are destroyed forever.
We often think that it won’t happen to us. Until it does.
Rest in Peace – How to Manage an Estate Dispute without Inheriting Heartache, will help you navigate your family’s estate contest in a healthy way that can prevent an all-out family war.
Written by specialist succession lawyer, collaborative practitioner and nationally accredited mediator Zinta Harris, Rest in Peace sets out the legal and personal information you need for understanding and resolving wills and estate disputes, showing how you can negotiate an agreement that will free everyone to get on with life without ongoing conflict.
- Strategies to prevent an estate dispute from happening in the first place
- Techniques to help you cope with grief to better handle the legal fallout
- Ways to stay calm and focused on what matters most to prevent the battle getting bitter
- Tips on navigating the minefield of estate administration
- Insights into estate challenges: what they are, how they arise and the law’s stance on each
- Pathways for contested estate resolution, both in and out of court
- Skills to help you negotiate well and adjust to your ‘new normal’ once resolution is reached.
Zinta has observed that when a holistic approach is taken, involving communications coaches and common financial advisers, estate disputes resolve more quickly. She believes that when clients are surrounded by a support team of ‘Sherpas’ to guide them through their valley of grief, loss and conflict families are less likely to be torn apart or lose their inheritance to massive legal costs.